If I have an idea/proposal I would like to present to Parliament, how would I go about this?

Thanks for your question Tracy. You can contact the senators or member of the House of Representatives who represent you to let them know about the issues you want raised in the Australian Parliament. Alternatively, if you have a view about a particular subject (such as health, education or the environment) you can contact the minister responsible for that area.

Contact details for all members of parliament are available on the Parliament House website. You can also petition the Parliament. A petition is a request by a group of citizens for Parliament to take note of and perhaps solve a particular problem.