We welcome your contribution to Your questions on notice. This service is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. You are responsible for everything you submit.
Generally, only questions about the role and function of the Australian Parliament and the Australian system of government are accepted. The PEO reserves the right to not answer or accept any question that does not relate to these topics. This includes—but is not limited to—questions about state and territory parliaments, governments, government policy, political issues and courts.
Questions that are inappropriate will not be answered or posted to the PEO website. Such questions may include:
- Language that is degrading, threatening, harassing or defamatory, or contains profanity and obscenity
- Language that endorses a political agenda or that is argumentative
- Spam or junk mail
- References to external organisations or websites
- Material that infringes the copyright or intellectual property of any party
- Information that violates someone’s reasonable expectation of privacy
- Information you know to be confidential, sensitive or unlawful
To avoid repetitive content, if your question is similar to a question that has already been posted and answered, the PEO will not post your question but will email you the answer to the previous question.
Comments or opinions expressed on Your questions on notice are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed do not represent or reflect the views of the PEO, the Parliament or the Parliamentary departments.
By submitting a question you (and your parent/guardian if you are a minor):
- grant to the PEO, the Parliament and the Parliamentary departments, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use your question.
- waive all moral rights to your question to the PEO, Parliament and the Parliamentary departments.
If you wish to request that the PEO remove your question, please submit your request to PEOquestions@aph.gov.au and let us know what content you wish to have removed. Please note we may need to contact you for further information regarding a removal, and will contact you at the email address from which your request originates. The PEO will make reasonable efforts to remove the question within 10 business days. If you don’t want your question posted on the website, just let us know.