How many people are in the Parliament house at one time?
Australian Parliament House is a very busy and exciting place to work. When the Parliament is sitting – meeting – about 4000 to 5000 people work in the building every day, including:
- members of parliament and their staff
- parliamentary officers, such as the Clerks, the Serjeant-at-Arms and the Usher of the Black Rod
- public servants, such as advisers and researchers
- the press gallery – media – who report about the work of Parliament
- employees who provide services such as broadcasting, computing, cleaning and catering.
All of these people help the Parliament to work and make decisions for the country.
Australian Parliament House.
This photo shows the front of Parliament House with the Great Verandah and the flagmast. In the foreground Michael Nelson Jagamara's Possum and Wallaby Dreaming mosaic is surrounded by water.
Permission should be sought from DPS AUSPIC for third-party or commercial uses of this image. To contact DPS AUSPIC email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 02 6277 3342.