Curriculum links – Year 3
The PEO has a range of resources which assist teachers in their delivery of the Year 3 Australian Civics and Citizenship Curriculum.
Individual curriculum linked resources
The importance of making decisions democratically
Introducing ... Federation
Begin your exploration of Federation with this short introduction. Find out the arguments for Federation and the process that led to the creation of Australia.
Explore various forms of decision-making in your classroom with this activity. Investigate majority rule, executive, consensus, autocracy, and the power of veto.
Classroom activity page
Parliament in pictures
This set of 10 posters and classroom guide is an introduction to the Australian Parliament for students of all ages and language abilities, including ESL students.
PEO poster pack
This set of large posters covers a range of parliamentary and Australian system of government topics. They are ideal for display in the classroom.
Making a law
Get an introduction to the law-making process of the Australian Parliament with this short video.
Who makes rules, why rules are important and the consequences of rules not being followed
Note: content listed under each curriculum descriptor may not meet all the requirements of each descriptor elaboration.
Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), downloaded from the Australian Curriculum website on 2 July 2020 (curriculum version 8.4).
All material identified by "AC" is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Australia (CC BY NC SA) licence. For all material licensed under this creative commons licence, you are free to:
- Share – copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format; and
- Adapt – remix, transform, and build upon the material,
under the following terms:
- Attribution – You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Non-Commercial – You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike – If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.