Images and copyright/privacy/disclaimer
We encourage you to reuse content on the PEO website. Find out the copyright requirements of the site, and read our privacy statement and website disclaimer.
To use an image on our website:
- If required, expand the image by clicking on the magnifying glass.
- Right click on the image. Chose if you want to save or copy the image from the menu box.
Make sure you check the copyright status of the image before using it in your work.
Except where otherwise noted, all content on this website is provided under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Australia licence.
You are free to copy and use most of the content from this website as long as you don't change it or make money from it. You must credit the PEO as the author.
The full details of the licence conditions are available on the Creative Commons website.
- Content on this website is updated regularly. Shared items should be checked to keep links current.
- Every effort has been made to contact the copyright holders of content on this website. Anyone with information about the ownership of copyright of content on the PEO website should contact us.
If you would like to change content from this website or use it for commercial purposes, you must request permission from the PEO.
The following information will be required before permission will be given:
- The image library catalogue number or the image title and page address where it was found.
- The purpose of the publication you would like it reproduced in. For example, will it be used in a textbook, website, magazine or brochure? What is the publication's title?
- The intended audience.
- The intended distribution method. For example, through bookshops, the internet or schools.
- Information about the context in which the PEO content will be used.
Third party copyright
Some content on the PEO website belongs to other organisations. The copyright holder will be listed with the content.
If you wish to reproduce this content, contact the copyright holder.
Use of the Coat of Arms
The terms under which the Coat of Arms can be used are detailed on the Prime Minister and Cabinet website.
What information do we collect?
The PEO will collect information from you when you:
- order a resource
- subscribe to a newsletter
- complete a survey
- fill out any other form.
If you don't do any of these activities on the PEO website, we won't collect any information from you.
What do we use your information for?
Information we collect from you may be used to:
- provide the service or product you have requested—for example, the resources you have ordered or the newsletter you have subscribed to
- improve how we respond to your service requests and needs
- inform you of similar products or services.
Our website uses Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage use.
Google Analytics transmits website traffic data from our website to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information. We only transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties who assist us to operate our website or provide services to us as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may release your personally identifiable information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect our or others' rights, property or safety. Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
The PEO makes every attempt to make sure all material contained on this website is accurate and complete but we recommend you use your own skill and care when using our website.
Content on the PEO website may include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Parliament or the Australian Government, or indicate commitment to a particular course of action.
The listing of a person or organisation on the PEO website does not suggest any form of endorsement by the Australian Parliament or the Australian Government of the products or services provided by that person or organisation.
Changes in Parliament
Our website is updated when changes in the Australian Parliament occur. When information and images become available we will add them to the website as soon as possible.
Links to external websites
The PEO website contains links to websites external to the PEO and the Australian Parliament. We are careful when linking to external websites but we have no control over the content of the linked sites or changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is your responsibility to make your own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
Links to external websites are not an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites. You are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the website you visit.
Want more information?
Copyright requests and enquiries should be sent to the PEO by email or by post at:
Parliamentary Education Office
PO Box 6100
Parliament House ACT 2600